Colorado's Decision Support Systems (CDSS) is a water management system developed by the Colorado Water Conservation Board (CWCB) and the Colorado Division of Water Resources (DWR) for each of Colorado's major water basins.
In order to facilitate data collection and model specifications, the state was divided into several Decision Support Systems:
- The Colorado River Decision Support System (CRDSS) includes Division 4 (Gunnison River Basin), Division 5 (Colorado Main Stem), Division 6 (White and Yampa Rivers), and Division 7 (San Juan and tributaries).
- The Rio Grande Decision Support System (RGDSS) includes Division 3 (Rio Grande Basin).
- The South Platte Decision Support System (SPDSS) includes all of Division 1 plus Water District 47 (North Platte River Basin). It excludes the Republican River Basin (Water Districts 49 and 65).
- The Arkansas Decision Support System (ArkDSS) is in the planning stages and includes Division 2 (Arkansas River Basin). At present time a limited amount of data is already available.
- The Republican River is not envisioned for a DSS in the near future.